The avocados we’ve been buying come in packs of five, so we have bursts of avocado centric dishes. Since one avocado makes two sandwiches, we had to find some variety in the other ingredients: bacon fried off in the panini press on one, and Lemon Pepper Salmon (pouch) on the other.
Both were great, but the bacon got the nod.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 30c per serve
- Two slices of bacon are $1.37 or 69c per serve
- The salmon was $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- Add 10c for butter.
Two good sandwiches for $2.81 per serve.
- The chicken is $6.99 and we used the dark meat or 88c per serve
- A can of coconut milk is $1.49 or 40c per serve
- Parasol mushrooms were $3.99 x 2 or $2.00 per serve
- Chicken stock is $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Lemon grass was 15c or 4c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice
- Add 49c for lime juice
- Add 45c for seasonings.
This soup is a great way to use cooked chicken, which adds to the meatiness of the mushrooms – the two kind of blend. A good meal for $5.09 per serve.