Although the weather is warm, we still toasted the sandwiches: kumato and mayo with cheddar, and ham, gouda and tomato. Both were pretty good.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared one or 20c per serve
- Gouda slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Ham is 4c and ounce, and we probably had an ounce each.
- Add 20c for mayo
Lunch today cost $1.28 per serve.
We both really like the peanut sauce we’ve been having, and really enjoying it on top sirloin with black rice, so we had it again! We paired it with a Thai Salad.
- The top sirloin was $11.99 or $6.00 per serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/8, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- The lettuce works out to 30c per serve
- Carrot adds 30c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from our garden
- Black rice adds 40c per serve.
We enjoyed the steak, satay sauce and black rice as much as always but felt that the Thai Salad recipe we had was a little heavy on the fish and soy sauces so ended up a little salty. But overall a good meal for $7.80 per serve.