With ham in the refrigerator, we were reminded of a sandwich we enjoyed back in Australia: ham, brie and snow pies. Our version used spreadable brie and watercress, which we think was better than the original.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Ham is 4c and ounce, and we probably had an ounce each
- Watercress was 79c for the bunch and we used 1/4 or 10c per serve
- The brie was $6.49 and used 1/3 or $1.08 per serve.
Today’s sandwich was better than the historic version for $1.54 per serve.
We still had two serves of the Tom Ka Gai left, so they became dinner tonight.
- The chicken is $6.99 and we used the dark meat or 88c per serve
- A can of coconut milk is $1.49 or 40c per serve
- Parasol mushrooms were $3.99 x 2 or $2.00 per serve
- Chicken stock is $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Lemon grass was 15c or 4c per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice
- Add 49c for lime juice
- Add 45c for seasonings.
This soup is a great way to use cooked chicken, which adds to the meatiness of the mushrooms – the two kind of blend. A good meal for $5.09 per serve.