Because it’s Sunday we made an extra effort for lunch, doing scrambled eggs with the remaining grill asparagus and smoke salmon. Yum!
- Two eggs are 55c each or $1.10 per serve
- The smoked salmon was $6.49 or $3.25 per serve
- The remaining asparagus was 33c or 17c per serve
- A slice of toasted bread adds 16c.
Lunch was excellent and we got to enjoy our $4.68 lunch outside in the sun.
Tonight was a new recipe: Skillet Pork Chops with Cabbage. It reminded us a lot of Choucroute Garnie, which is very similar but starts with sauerkraut instead of raw cabbage.
The recipe made two serves.
- The Prather Ranch pork chops were $11.24 for 12 oz or $5.62 per serve
- Shredded cabbage was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- The Granny Smith apple was 58c or 29c per serve
- Onion, garlic and seasoning add 15c per serve.
The pork chop was perfect, but the cabbage mix was disappointing. Choucroute Garnie has a lot more flavor from the cabbage we think it’s a lot better. Still, tonight’s meal was good for $6.71 per serve.