We reheated the chicken and served with a Avocado Ranch Salad, and ate outside! California does Winter my way! The salad was uninspiring, but decent.
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax
- The salad was $3.49 or $1.75 per serve.
Lunch today was reasonable for $4.73 per serve.
Continuing our experiments with tostadas we decided to take the Mexican ‘chili’ from a couple of nights ago and serve on a tostada with avocado and some freshly chopped heirloom tomato. A dusting with cotija cheese completed the serve.
We had two each.
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 44c per serve
- Avocado was $3.49 for four and we shared one, or 44c per serve
- The tomato was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- The chili was $2.99 per serve, and we had half a serve each, or $1.50
- Cotija cheese is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 1oz or 25c per serve.
The Mexican ‘chili’ was better served this way, with the avocado and tomato adding moisture the otherwise dry mix. We really enjoyed these for $3.48 per serve.