I’ve raved about Pho Saigon 1’s Bahn Mi before. It was every bit as good today, for $8.50 per serve.
Trying to decide what between asparagus and other choice for vegetable to go with tonight’s rib eye, Foodie Greg walked into the supermarket to discover a bundle of good, thick asparagus on special for 99c!
We had previously decided on an onion, blue cheese and cream sauce for the steak that we’d had before and enjoyed immensely.
- The .75 lb rib gave two good six ounce serves for $10.12 per serve
- We used ⅔ or the asparagus, or 33c per serve
- Heavy cream was $1.79 and we used half or 45c per serve
- An onion is 12c, or 6c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack but we used about 1/3 or 75c per serve.
The steak was perfectly cooked. The asparagus had good smokey flavor from the grill and also cooked so it still had some ‘tooth’ but was not crunchy, and the cheese sauce was – as it always is – spectacular for such a simple sauce. While the dry aged beef from Prather Ranch puts the price up a bit, this was an exceptional meal for $11.71 per serve.