Instead of toasted sandwiches, we finished baking a par baked rustic roll and filled it with spreadable Brie, Ham and Watercress.
- The rustic roll is 63c per serve
- Ham is 4c and ounce, and we probably had two ounces each, or 8c per serve
- Watercress was 79c for the bunch and we used 1/4 or 10c per serve
- The brie was $6.49 and used 1/3 or $1.08 per serve
Lunch today was two good sandwiches for $1.89 per serve.
A new recipe for us – Lamb Meatloaf with Yoghurt Sauce – turned out to be a little disappointing for the amount of effort required in preparation. Despite what the recipe says, we got three serves, although we only had ⅔ of the amount of lamb.
We served with roasted cauliflower and tabouli.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $2.67 per serve
- An egg is 55c or 18c per serve
- The cauliflower florets were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Add 50c per serve for the other ingredients
- Add 75c for the yoghurt dressing ingredients
- Tabouli is $2.69 for the tub, and we had 1/4 each, or 68c per serve.
As I said, the meatloaf was disappointing, but still made a decent meal with the rather good yoghurt dressing, for $5.33 per serve.