Foodie Philip was out in Studio City just before lunch, he stopped at Popeye’s on the way home for the 11 pack special with a large red beans and rice.
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax
- The red beans and rice is $2.12 per serve with tax.
Lunch today was as good as it usually is, for $5.10 per serve.
Since our recent enjoyment of the Smokey Chicken Tostada at Gordon Birsch earlier in the month, we have been exploring tostada ideas. We decided on a Smokey Egg and Cheese Tostada – well two each!
We bought baked tostada instead of baking them ourselves. They are a great platform as they don’t shatter like fried tostadas.
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 21c per serve
- Pastured eggs are 55c each or $1.10 per serve
- The cheddar is $3.99 a block and we used 1/4 or 50c per serve
- The salsa is $2.99 and we used 29c worth per serve
- Avocado was $3.49 for four and we shared one, or 44c per serve
- Add 10c for spring onion.
Tonight’s meal was really, really tasty. The flavor combinations worked particularly well for $2.64 per serve. Our only thought for improvement would be to spread a little of the salsa over the avocado, so it mixed better with the egg. Did I mention this was really, really good, particularly since it is so fast to prepare.