The very last of our ham went into another toasted ham, spreadable brie and watercress sandwich that we paired with a pastrami & Swiss sandwich. Both were good, as usual.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Ham is 4c and ounce, and we probably had an ounce each, or 4c per serve
- Watercress was 79c for the bunch and we used 1/4 or 10c per serve
- The brie was $6.49 and used 1/3 or $1.08 per serve
- The pastrami was $6.96 for 16 oz and we used two, or 44c per serve
- Gouda slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve.
Lunch today was two good sandwiches for $2.15 per serve.
Sometimes you need a meal on the table with minimum fuss, but you don’t want to compromise on flavor. Tonight was such a night and this dish comes together really quickly.
We’ve had Trader Joe’s Pork and Shrimp gyoza in the past, and thought them very good, but tonight’s vegetarian version were even better. The ginger miso broth also comes prepared from Trader Joe’s, with the egg adding a little protein.
- The Miso Ginger broth was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The gyoza were $3.99 and, or $2.00 per serve
- Add 20c for seasonings.
- A pastured egg is 50c.
Tonight’s meal was excellent. Really tasty and full of Thai flavors for $3.70 per serve, and on the table in about 20 minutes.