Another cold and dreary day so we decided to finish the split pea soup and serve with ‘fry bread’ (a buttered piece of bread in the panini press).
- The soup cost $0.68 per serve
- The bread (with butter) is 16c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
Lunch today was a good call on a rainy day for $1.10 per serve.
We still had two serves of the Horseradish Sweet Potato mash, so Greg decided on “bangers and mash,” or in this case Trader Joe’s excellent bratwurst with the sweet potato mash and onion gravy.
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.75 per serve
- The sweet potato mash was 59c per serve
- The onions were 22c or 11c per serve
- Butter adds 20c per serve
- Chicken stock adds 50c per serve
- Add 15c for seasoning.
We expected the bratwurst and mash to be good, but the star of this meal was definitely that onion gravy. A simple, but good, meal for $3.30 per serve.