A gray, rainy day is obviously a pie day, and today we enjoyed Trader Joe’s Steak and Stout Pies again, for $3.25 per serve.
A pound of ground pork always comes in our Prather Ranch meat delivery, and we’ve been honing a few favorite ways to use it, including tonight’s Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork.
We substituted bok choy for the cabbage because we have it (and it tastes better).
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.08 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 48c per serve
- Bok Choy was $1.29 and we used half, or 65c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 25c per serve
- Add 44c per serve for black rice.
Dinner tonight had a good balance of heat. The bok choy provided a nice textural alternative to the pork and rice. A decent meal for $4.35 per serve.