For lunch we decided to reheat the leftover curry from last night, which we did and enjoyed it again. Instead of rice we served it on some tostadas.
- The curry was $3.91 per serve
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 42c per serve.
A good lunch for $4.33 per serve, although the tostadas got soggy with the liquid from the curry. Still tasty.
A change to the vegetarian. We enjoyed the Japanese Ratatouille Recipe last time we cooked it and did again.
The dry baking of the vegetables is extra work, but it intensified the flavor, while the dressing added another layer of flavor. With the recipe making so much we served without rice, and will still get six meals.
- The Kaboc squash was $2.21 but we only used half for the six serves, or 18c per serve
- Two Chinese eggplants went into the dish costing $1.18 or 20c per serve
- The bell pepper was $1.49 or 25c per serve
- Grape tomatoes were $2.99 or 50c per serve
- An onion adds 5c per serve
- Miso Easy is $5.99 for the bottle that we used about 1/8 of in this dish, or 13c per serve.
- Add 30c for ginger and oil
- Add 20c per serve for the remaining ingredients.
A very tasty dish for $2.01 per serve.