For lunch we finished the Popeyes’s fried chicken and paired it with a Vietnamese Slaw.
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax
- The remainder of the organic green cabbage was 63c per serve
- Carrot adds 30c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from our garden.
Unfortunately we ended up with white meat in our Popeye’s order and that’s a lot dryer than the dark meat, and nowhere near as enjoyable. The slaw was the best part of the meal, which cost $4.11 per serve.
We started with baked Kabocha squash to create a variation of the Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice, but as a quiche than the savory cake.
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used three, or 88c per serve
- Three pastured eggs at 50c each is 75c per serve
- The kabocha squash was $1.74 each (we used half), or 44c per serve
- Smoked gouda slices were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Half and half was $1.39 per pint, but we used 1/4 or 9c per serve
- An onion adds 8c per serve.
Tonight’s quiche was tasty and filling for $2.99 per serve.