Today we stuck with the tried and true: cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches! In this case, kumato and Swiss.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
Toasted crisp they were delicious for $1.04 per serve.
Thursday night steak night was our deconstructed satay: grill top sirloin with satay sauce, black rice and a Vietnamese inspired slaw.
- The top sirloin from the Prather Ranch delivery was $11.99 or $6.00 per serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/8, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- The remainder of the organic green cabbage was 63c per serve
- Carrot adds 30c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from our garden
- Black rice adds 40c per serve.
Even though thin, the steaks were perfectly cooked, the satay sauce bought umami, sour and salt to the party and the black rice was a nutty carrier for the other flavors. The Vietnamese/Thai inspired salad contrasted with a sharp sour, but fresh, bite. A good meal for $8.13 per serve.