A simple lunch of toasted tomato, cheese and mayo sandwich. Sometimes a classic is a classic for good reason.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Half a heirloom tomato works out at 48c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
Lunch today was good because the ingredients were good, for $1.17 per serve.
A simple meal that we’d been planning to have for a couple of days, but got sidetracked because of work pressures and consistently ran out of time. Well tonight we managed it.
- The stock has no real cost
- The pack of split peas was $1.59 or 27c per serve
- The frozen peas is 99c a pack, or 16c per serve.
For dinner tonight the soup cost 43c per serve. We chose not to do a roll or bread with the soup as it is very filling on its own.