We’ve become fans of the smoked trout. Since avocado and a can of smoked trout provide enough for two sandwiches, it was two – delicious – sandwiches the same.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The avocado was 50c or 25c per serve
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can or $1.75 per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
The smoked trout on avocado is a great combination for $2.57 per serve.
We had planned on split pea soup, but time got away with us, so a quick meal, on the table fast was called for. We had a pack of Trader Joe’s Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onion, which we prepared and topped with a fried egg (or two).
- The roast potato mix was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The pastured eggs are 50c each: Greg had one, Philip two.
We felt the roast potato mix was disappointing. Prepared to instructions it was not at all crispy (although we could have gone longer) and it was almost entirely potato. Not terrible, but slightly disappointing for $2.00 per serve.