A simple lunch of toasted tomato, cheese and mayo sandwich. Sometimes a classic is a classic for good reason.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Half a heirloom tomato works out at 48c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 20c for mayo.
Lunch today was good because the ingredients were good, for $1.17 per serve.
Tonight we tried a new recipe from Nigella Lawson: Italian Sausage with Lentils. We substituted bratwurst instead of Italian Sausage.
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.75 per serve
- Four bok choy were $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- Du Puy Lentils (black lentils) are $2.99 for a 500g (about 1lb) and we used half or 75c per serve
- Red wine for the sauce adds 25c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for onion, garlic and seasoning.
The dish turned out well for $3.55 per serve.