It was time to heat the remaining pulled pork and finish off some par baked rustic rolls and make an awesome lunch.
So we did. It was.
- The rustic roll is 63c per serve
- The pulled pork is $3.15 per serve and we shared one, or $1.58 per serve.
Lunch today was really good for $2.21 per serve.
Tonight we cooked a small lamb meatloaf and served with Sweet Potato Halloumi Bake, which is our potato-less version of Nigella Lawson’s Double Potato Halloumi Bake.
We took a burger recipe and cooked it as a loaf. Because we didn’t want it to be too firm, we added a cup of bread crumbs.
- The ground lamb was $7.99 or $4.00 per serve
- An egg is 50c or 25c per serve
- 16 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used 8oz or 75c per serve
- Add 35c for onion, garlic and seasoning
- The sweet potato (yam) was $1.94 or 49c per serve
- The bell pepper was $1.25 or 31c per serve
- A red onion is 66c or 17c per serve
- Halloumi $3.64 or 73c per serve
- Garlic adds 5c per serve.
The meatloaf’s texture was perfect with good lamb and mint flavors prominent. The paired down Halloumi bake is still full of flavor with reduced carbs. A very generously proportioned and tasty meal for $7.10 per serve.