For lunch we harvested the bounty of leftovers from just one of yesterday’s lunches from The Country Deli: steak and potatoes. This after also sending our guest – the originator of the leftovers – away with a skirt steak and semi-dried tomato sandwich.
- Two slices of rye bread are 32c
- The skirt steak and potato were paid for as part of yesterday’s lunch, so have no additional cost
- Add 20c for butter.
Lunch today was a good toasted steak sandwich, which reheated the meat nicely, for only 52c per serve!
Once again our “Thursday night steak night” was our deconstructed satay: grilled top sirloin with satay sauce and a Vietnamese inspired slaw.
- The top sirloin from the Prather Ranch delivery was $11.99 or $6.00 per serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/8, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- The remainder of the organic green cabbage was 63c per serve
- Carrot adds 30c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from our garden.
Even though thin, the steaks were perfectly cooked, the satay sauce bought umami, sour and salt to the party and the black rice was a nutty carrier for the other flavors. The Vietnamese/Thai inspired salad contrasted with a sharp sour, but fresh, bite. A good meal for $7.73 per serve.