We each had an avocado and sardine sandwich.
- Skinless, boneless sardines in water are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The avocado was 50c or 25c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
It’s a decent sandwich for $1.82 per serve.
We decided to repeat the Smoked Trout Cobb Salad using the full fillets from Trader Joe’s rather than canned smoked trout. We also decided to drop the bacon from the meal.
- The rainbow trout fillets are $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c
- We substituted semi-dried tomatoes – about ⅓ each of the $2.79 of tomatoes we dehydrated, or 93c per serve
- Spinach is $1.99and we used 1/8 or 13c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 60c per serve
- The burrata was $4.99 for two, or $2.50 per serve.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad was still the best Cobb variation we’ve had for $8.41 per serve.