Instead of toasted sandwiches, we decided to create a quesadilla.
- The flatbreads add 50c per serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve.
Lunch today was pretty good for $1.26 per serve.
We decided to prepare some souse vidé shrimp to serve with the Vietnamese salad we had left over. Some black rice rounded out the meal.
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 1/4 for two serves, or 50c per serve
- The remainder of the organic green cabbage was 63c per serve
- Carrot adds 30c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from our garden
- Black rice adds 44c per serve.
The shrimp were perfectly cooked and had good flavor from the butter and chili garlic paste, although we felt we could do more of the chili. The salad and rice were good accompaniments. A good meal for $4.07 per serve.