Our odd scheduling today had us eating at different time, and pretty much what we could grab. Foodie Greg had a crisp bread with Swiss and pickles, while Philip had the remainder of some Trader Joe’s Wine Country Chicken Salad.
- The salad is $3.99 for 11.5 oz, and there was 4.5 oz left, or $1.56 per serve.
Before Easter we picked up one of Ralph’s ‘loss leader’ hams for 99c per pound and today we baked it. The ham will cover at least 12 very generous serves.
Tonight we paired it with a mushroom brown rice pilaf, which was disappointing, and asparagus, which was not.
- The ham was $7.81 or 65c per serve
- The mushrooms were $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve
- The organic asparagus was $4.07 and we served half, or $1.02 per serve.
The ham remained moist and tasty while the asparagus worked well with it. The pilaf lacked flavor and was disappointing, but overall a good meal for $3.25 per serve.