For lunch we finished the split pea soup from late last month. We cubed some ham and added that for texture and flavor variation.
- The split pea soup is 43c per serve
- The bake ham is 63c per serve and we had ⅛ serve each, or 8c per serve.
Lunch today was filling and tasty for 51c per serve.
For dinner we sliced the red win and mushroom meatloaf, fried the slices in butter and served with roast kabocha squash and asparagus. Mostly a repeat of elements from the last two night’s meals.
- The meatloaf is $6.77 per serve
- The organic asparagus was $4.07 and we served half, or $1.02 per serve.
- The kabocha squash was $1.49 and we served half or 38c per serve.
The meatloaf is definitely better fried off because of the additional Maillard reaction on the surface. We preferred the sugar snap peas to the asparagus but both are good. Overall, a very satisfying and tasty meal for $8.17 per serve.