We had to repeat yesterday’s tomato and garlic spread, but today we added more garlic spread, and some shaved ham.
- Baked ham is 63c per serve and we shared half a serve, or 16c
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- The garlic spread is $2.99 for the container and we used about 1/10 or 15c per serve.
Two tasty sandwiches for 98c per serve.
A return to a favorite meal: Seared Sea Scallops with an Avocado Mango salad.
Foodie Greg prepared the scallops by defrosting then salting and drying between two sheets of paper toweling to reduce moisture on the scallops, which helps the sear.
We had a different mango – a honey mango – that we preferred because this variety, while small, is less sweet than the more common Haden (from Mexico) that we get around here.
- Frozen wild caught seas scallops were $14.99 or $7.50 per serve
- Baby spinach was $2.50 and we used half, or 63c per serve
- Three honey mangos were 99c or 50c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 60c per serve
- Add 20c for dressing.
The scallops were seared and translucent and the honey mangos in the salad elevated it. All in all a good meal for $9.43 per serve.