We have discovered Trader Joe’s Garlic Spread/Dip and it goes very well with tomatoes in a toasted sandwich. Very well.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- The garlic spread is $2.99 for the container and we used about 1/10 or 15c per serve.
Two tasty sandwiches for 82c per serve.
Tonight we created another Cobb Salad variation using ham and moon kissed (semi-dried) tomatoes, along with avocado, egg and burrata on a bed of dress spinach.
- The bake ham is 63c per serve and we had 1/2 serve each, or 32c per serve.
- A pastured egg is 50c
- We substituted semi-dried tomatoes – about ⅓ each of the $2.79 of tomatoes we dehydrated, or 93c per serve
- Spinach is $1.99 and we used 1/8 or 13c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 60c per serve
- The burrata was $4.99 for two, or $2.50 per serve.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad was a good variation for $4.98 per serve.