It’s been a while since we had the pita pockets from Skewers Halal, who’s servings are huge for $9.80 per serve, including tax., The chicken and beef were as good as they always have been.
After such a large lunch we opted for something simpler and smaller for dinner, settling on tostadas smeared with avocado, onto which were piled Cuban style black beans, topped with a fried egg and garnished with salsa and cotija.
- The tostadas are 22 for $2.29 or 21c per serve
- Pastured eggs are 50c each, or $1.00 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can or 50c per serve
- The avocados are $2.99 for five, or 30c per serve
- Add 40c for salsa and a dusting of cotija cheese.
Dinner was very tasty and a lot more filling than you’d think. A good meal for $2.41 per serve.