We repeated the ham and avocado sandwich from yesterday, but added thinly sliced shallot and toasted the sandwich. It was a big improvement on yesterdays’.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- The bake ham is 63c per serve and we had ⅛ serve each, or 8c per serve.
- The avocados are $2.99 for five, or 30c per serve
- Add 25c for mustard aioli and shallot.
Today’s sandwich was a big improvement on yesterday’s. The shallot provided a little crunch for textual variation and created an almost Asian flavor overtone that was quite interesting for 95c per serve.
A favorite, and huge meat blowout, are the bone in pork chops from Prather Ranch. Like all Prather Ranch meat these are dry aged and very tender when sous vidé to the perfect temperature and then fried off in butter!
The Apple and Endive salad was a perfect accompaniment providing crisp tartness and a little bitterness.
- The pork chops were $11.08 per serve
- The Opal apple was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- The three pack of Belgian Endive was $2.69 but we only used two, or 45c per serve
- Add 50c for dressing ingredients.
While expensive at $12.68, this was an excellent meal that would have been 4-5 times more expensive at a restaurant.