Today were were able to get to Jon’s and pick up a BBQ chicken and baguette. Instead of mayonnaise we used the garlic spread we’ve been enamored of lately. We also substituted the moon touched (semi-dried) tomatoes for more intense flavor.
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- The baguette is $2.79 and we shared half for lunch, or 70c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.79 and we used ¼ today, or 35c per serve
- Add 30c for garlic spread.
The garlic spread really elevates this simple roll, for $2.23 per serve.
Thursday night is traditionally our ‘steak night’ and tonight we followed tradition with NY Strip Steak, paired with a creamy blue cheese gnocchi. The gnocchi was made from cauliflower, but you’d never know.
- The steak was $18.62 or $9.31 per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles were $3.49 and we used half or 87c per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only ¼ or 42c per serve
- Organic frozen peas were $1.99 per pack or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for other ingredients
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve.
You would never know you were eating cauliflower, as the gnocchi and sauce were very tasty and balanced well with the steak. An expensive meal at $13.08 per serve, but mostly because of the excellent, dry aged beef we get from Prather Ranch (rebranding to Keller Crafted Meats).