With the baguette gone, it was back to toasted sandwiches. Today we used the other chicken breast, an avocado and kumato with the garlic spread and it was really good!
- The chicken is $6.99 and we shared a breast, or 88c per serve
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Five kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 35c per serve
- The garlic spread is $2.99 for the container and we used about 1/10 or 15c per serve
- The avocado was 44c per serve.
A really tasty sandwich for $2.14 per serve.
We’re always looking for new ways to cook the meat we get from (now) Keller Crafted meats and tonight we though our thin cut pork chops would be good smothered with brown rice. The sauce makes four serves, so there was leftover.
- The pork chops were $10.95 or $5.47 per serve
- Organic bell pepper was $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Chicken broth was $4.38 or 55c per serve
- Add 40c for onion, celery and garlic
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only 1/8 or 12c per serve
- Add 20c for other ingredients.
We felt the sauce was a little lacking in depth, despite the hot sauce, but was tasty enough. We cooked our thin cut pork chops way less than recommended for the thick cut of the recipe, so they were not overcooked. A good meal for $7.24 per serve.