While not a true Reuben today’s sandwich is definitely Reuben inspired. Corned beef, Curry and Cauliflower Wildbrine pickles, Swiss and a mix of mayo and shrimp sauce goes close.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The corned beef was $6.92 for 17 oz, and we used about 2oz a serve, or 82c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 30c for mayo and cocktail sauce.
A really good toasted sandwich for $1.94 per serve.
Tonight we combined the chicken legs (thigh and drumstick) from our supermarket BBQ chicken, with roast kabocha squash and sugar snap peas for a decent, if unexciting, meal.
- The chicken is $1.75 per serve
- The kabocha squash was $1.94 and we used half, or 97c per serve
- The sugar snap peas were $2.99 and we used half, or 75c per serve
- Add 40c for the chicken stock gravy.
Dinner tonight was tasty for $3.87 per serve.