Today we had another Bahn Mi as a weekend treat. Or just because we love it! Slightly more expensive at $8.75 per serve with tax.
A return to a favorite: Bacon and Black Bean Chili with avocado and a dusting of cotija cheese.
Time for a return to a favorite: Bacon and Black Bean Chili with avocado and Cotija cheese. The recipe makes six serves.
- The ground beef was $10.07 or $1.68 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can and we used two, or 33c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 13c per serve
- Bacon is $6.99 for the pack and we used half, or 39c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- Add 20c for a dusting of cotija cheese
- The avocado was 44c per serve.
We always enjoy this chili and today was no exception. We kept it simple with just the chili, avocado and cotija cheese (and a sprinkling of spring onion) for $3.79 per serve.