The corned beef sandwich from Saturday was good enough to repeat! So we did. The slightly curry flavored Wildbrine pickle works surprisingly well as a sauerkraut substitute.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad
- The corned beef was $6.92 for 17 oz, and we used about 2oz a serve, or 82c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 30c for mayo and cocktail sauce.
A really good toasted sandwich for $1.94 per serve.
It’s a day of repeats, as we return to the Bacon and Black Bean Chili for a second serve.
- The ground beef was $10.07 or $1.68 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can and we used two, or 33c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 13c per serve
- Bacon is $6.99 for the pack and we used half, or 39c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- Add 20c for a dusting of cotija cheese
- The avocado was 44c per serve.
We always enjoy this chili and today was no exception. We kept it simple with just the chili, avocado and cotija cheese (and a sprinkling of spring onion) for $3.79 per serve.