For lunch we went out with Foodie Phillip’s mother and some of her friends at a local coffee shop where Philip had a Beef and Mushroom pie, while Foodie Greg had a Spinach and Feta Quiche.
Our meal was paid for by mom.
We found some pasture raised pork sirloin, with skin, at the supermarket and we’re going to pair it with an Apple and Endive salad, but the lack of available endive saw it become a Waldorf salad instead.
(Prices in Australian dollars, with a conversion at the end)
- The pork sirloin was $16.95 or $5.65 per serve
- A pack of celery was $3.00 and we used ⅔, or 67c per serve
- Pecan nuts (walnuts not available) were $4.41 or $1.47 per serve
- Two Modi apples were $1.87 or 62c per serve
- Add 30c for mayonnaise per serve.
The pork turned out perfectly, except we were unable to get the crisp “crackling” skin beloved by Australians. Otherwise a good meal for Au $8.71. (US $6.55)