The Foodies were hosting Mother’s Day for the family, and served Kedgeree, with actual smoked cod!
The recipe made eight serves.
- The smoked cod was $5.06 or 63c per serve
- Bacon cost $2.05 but we used half, or 13c per serve
- Tomatoes cost $4.96 but where split over two meals, or 31c per serve
- Add 50c for milk, onion, curry powder and seasonings
- Three eggs cost 75c, or 10c per serve
- Add 44c for rice per serve.
The Kedgeree turned out really well and was appreciated by all who ate fish. Darn it, we didn’t check and one of the Mother’s present isn’t a fish fan. Still, for those who indulged it was Au$2.11 (US$1.60).
The Foodies had the remaining Kedgeree for dinner while Foodie Philip’s mom had leftover ham chowder. Again Au$2.11 (US$1.60).