For lunch we went immediately for our favorite sandwich: a Bahn Mi for $8.75 per serve with tax and tip.
Rather than cook a meal we snacked on a spread of smoked salmon, cheddar, liverwurst, endive, roast garlic dip and crackers.
- Nut Thins were $2.49 or $1.75 per serve
- Grapes were $5.23 and we used less than 1/4 or 65c per serve
- Smoked salmon was $4.19 or $2.10 per serve
- Cheddar adds $1.00 per serve
- The full liverwurst pack is $3.20 but we had under 1/4 each or 80c per serve
- The garlic spread is $2.99 for the pack, and there was about 1/4 left, or 38c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for incidentals.
We had a very enjoyable dinner while catching up on some television for $7.18 per serve.