Sunday lunch usually involves some extra effort, and eggs. Today Foodie Greg scrambled eggs and served with Giant Baked Beans and “Fry” Toast (a slice of bread done in the panini press).
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Two eggs per serve add $1.00
- The bread is 16c per slice
- Add 10c for butter & cream.
Lunch today was very satisfying for $2.26 per serve.
Since we missed “Thursday night steak night” we jumped right in to grilling a NY Strip steak, and serving that with Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi in a Blue Cheese Sauce.
- The NY Strip Steak was $19.97 or $9.98 per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles were $3.49 and we used half or 87c per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only ¼ or 42c per serve
- Organic frozen peas were $1.99 per pack or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
A very satisfying meal for $13.42 per serve.