Once you open an avocado you’re committed to two avocado-centric sandwiches. Today we paired with a pouch of Lemon Pepper Salmon, and Smoked Turkey Breast.
- The turkey breast is $5.99 for 8 oz and we shared 3 oz or $1.13 per serve
- Three avocado were $2.97 and we used one, or 49c per serve
- The salmon was $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- Add 20c for butter.
Lunch cost $3.22 and we both strongly preferred the Lemon Pepper Salmon and Avocado sandwich to the rather boring Smoked Turkey Breast. We felt that sandwich needed some acid or spice.
Not being in much of a cooking mood we fell back to our go-to instant meal: Vegetable Gyoza in Miso Ginger Broth, with a poached egg for protein.
- The Miso Ginger broth was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The gyoza were $3.99, or $2.00 per serve
- Add 20c for seasonings.
- A pastured egg is 50c.
Tonight’s meal was excellent. Really tasty and full of Thai flavors for $3.70 per serve, and on the table in about 20 minutes.