Take on avocado and one can of sardines in water and make them into a toasted sandwich. Without the toasting of the bread this would have a very dull texture, but out of the panini press it’s pretty good.
- Three avocado were $2.97 and we used one, or 49c per serve
- Skinless, boneless sardines in water are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Add 25c for butter.
Today’s $2.06 sandwich is definitely improved by toasting.
It’s time to use some of our meat delivery as we’ve been away and it’s building up. Prather Ranch have transitioned to becoming Keller Crafted (Meats) but otherwise the quality remains unchanged.
Tonight’s thin cut pork chops were paired with Bok Choy in a Mushroom Sauce, although we dropped the sugar.
- The pork chops were $10.64 or $5.32 per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- Bok Choy was $1.78 or 89c per serve
- Add 55c for other ingredients.
Dinner tonight was tasty and well balanced. The saltiness of the oyster and soy sauces balanced the pork. A good meal for $8.26 per serve.