We returned to the classic “baked beans and cheese” waffle, but with giant baked beans and Swiss cheese and a generous spread of the Garlic dip/spread we’ve been enjoying lately.
The garlic dip provided just the spicy edge this sandwich needs to elevate it.
- Two slices of bread are 32c per serve
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
This was a great sandwich for $1.94 per serve.
As we still had “meat for fajita” in the freezer we returned to a favorite: Stir-Fried Beef With Snap Peas and Oyster Sauce with brown rice.
- The ‘fajita’ beef cost $14.41 for a full pound of beef, or $7.21 per very generous serve
- Snow peas add $1.00 per serve
- Bok Choy added 46c per serve
- The various sauce and marinade ingredients add $1.00 per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve.
The stir fry is a good weeknight meal, for $10.00, mostly because we get all our beef aged from Prather Ranch, which is definitely more expensive than conventionally sourced beef.