When we grilled the extra asparagus last week, we planned on using it in a frittata, which we finally did today, with a little feta on top.
- Two eggs per serve are $1.00
- The asparagus was $5.14 but we used the remaining half, or $1.30 per serve
- The feta is $6.49 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/4 or 81c per serve
- Add 30c for cream.
Today’s frittata was very tasty for $3.41 per serve.
We’ve definitely enjoyed our steak and satay sauce over recent months, so we decided to do a vegetarian version using eggplant instead of steak, but marinating it the same way and using the same satay sauce.
The eggplant took up a lot of the marinade, which gave it great flavor, although no smokiness as there is no fat to burn on the grill. The satay sauce was a perfect accompaniment, as usual.
- The eggplant cost $1.03 or 52c per serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/8, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients
- The remainder of the organic green cabbage was 63c per serve
- Carrot adds 30c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from our garden.
We enjoyed the eggplant version as much as the steak, especially as it’s a lot less expensive at $2.75 per serve, with the Vietnamese inspired salad.