We decided to repeat yesterdays’ pastrami, garlic spread and tabouli, but make a pseudo Rueben with pastrami, creating our own sauce with a mix of mayo and shrimp sauce.
- The pastrami was $12.73 for .98 lb and we used 2 oz per sandwich, or $1.63 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Tabouli is $2.69 and we put about 2 oz on the sandwich, or 33c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 17c per serve
- Add 40c for garlic spread.
Two good pastrami sandwiches for $2.85 per serve.
We decided to prepare the Smoked Trout Cobb Salad using the full fillets from Trader Joe’s rather than canned smoked trout. We also decided to drop the bacon from the meal.
- The rainbow trout fillets are $7.49 or $3.75 per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c
- We served half of the $2.79 of tomatoes we dehydrated, or 70c per serve
- Spinach is $1.99and we used 1/8 or 13c per serve
- The avocado was $2.99 for a bag of five or 60c per serve
- The burrata was $4.99 for four and we used only one each, or $1.25 per serve.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad was still the best Cobb variation we’ve had for $6.93 per serve.