After discovering that the pastrami we liked on yesterday’s bagel was Boars Head, we picked up some from our local supermarket and made toasted sandwiches with the garlic spread, pastrami and tabouli.
- The pastrami was $12.73 for .98 lb and we used 2 oz per sandwich, or $1.63 per sandwich
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Tabouli is $2.69 and we put about 2 oz per sandwich, or 67c per serve
- Add 40c for garlic spread.
The garlic spread adds a tangy edge to the sandwich which enhanced the tabouli and melded well with the pastrami for $3.02 per serve
A new recipe – Shrimp and Andouille Étouffée – build on a dark roux it wasn’t as flavorsome as we felt it should be.
- The andouille sausage was $7.98 or $3.99 per serve
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- The yellow bell pepper was $1.19 or 60c per serve
- The orange bell pepper was $1.19 or 60c per serve
- Organic celery was $1.55 and we used half or 39c
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 1/4 for two serves, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for flour and seasonings
- Add 33c for brown rice.
Dinner tonight was okay, but for the effort really should have had more flavor. Overall, slight disappointing for $8.71 per serve.