Instead of sharing two different sandwiches, today we both had avocado and smoked trout as the avocado and trout are too much for one sandwich.
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- The avocado was 50c or 25c per serve
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can or $1.75 per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
This is a pretty good sandwich for $2.77 per serve.
It’s been a long time since we had a rib eye steak, but tonight we broke the drought and grilled it. Served with the Cauliflower Gnocchi in Blue Cheese sauce it was a satisfying (and filling) meal.
- The Rib Eye was $19.90 or $9.95 per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or $1.35 per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles were $3.49 and we used half or 87c per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only ¼ or 42c per serve
- Organic frozen peas were $1.99 per pack or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
Again, a satisfying, but not outstanding, meal for $13.39 per serve.