We’d been threatening a Bahn Mi several times this week, and today we had it. As always, a great sandwich for $8.75 per serve with tax and tip.
Tonight we returned to the “too hot to handle” green curry of a few nights ago. The addition of additional coconut milk and bamboo shoots softened the heat somewhat, but also diluted the flavor.
- Each can of coconut milk was $1.99 and we used two or $1.99 per serve
- The curry paste was $2.29 for the can, or $1.15 per serve
- The eggplant was $1.03 or 52c per serve
- The bamboo shoots were 99c or 50c per serve
- Red Bell Pepper was $2.15 or $1.08 per serve
- Add 30c for onion and other ingredients
- Add 33c for brown rice.
I don’t expect we’ll buy this green curry paste again. The result was an okay meal, with the flavor diluted in order to make it edible, for $5.87 per serve.