For lunch we reheated the remaining Popeye’s Fried Chicken and served it with a Mediterranean Style Salad Kit.
- The Salad kit was $3.99 and we served half with lunch, or $1.00 per serve
- The chicken is $2.98 per serve with tax.
Lunch today cost $3.98 per serve. The salad kit was kind of boring.
For dinner we sliced the Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf and fried it in butter. Similarly we fried off a good portion of sugar snap peas in the butter and served it all with Trader Joe’s Marsala and Mushroom Sauce.
- The meatloaf is $6.95 per serve
- The sugar snap peas were $3.99 and we used 3/4, or $1.00 per serve
- The marsala gravy was $2.99 for the jar but we used 2/3 tonight, or $1.00 per serve.
We both thought the meatloaf had improved since the weekend. Plus, frying it in butter always improves the flavor by amping up the Maillard Reaction on the surface. We liked the Marsala and Mushroom sauce and the sugar snap peas provided a freshness and crunch not present in the rest of the meal. A good meal for $8.95 per serve.