We will need four hamburger buns on Saturday night, but they come in packs of eight, so we used up two at lunch.
- The pastrami was $11.99 for 16 oz and we used 3 oz across two sandwiches, or $1.13 per serve
- Hamburger buns are $2.28 for eight, or 29c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The Bubbies (natural) Sauerkraut is expensive at $6.99 or 22c per serve, but it is a very superior sauerkraut without the bad odor of most sauerkraut
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
The hamburger bun is not a good substitute for quality rye bread, but a good sandwich anyway for $2.42 per serve.
The hottest day of the year called for a salad and what better than Nigella Lawson’s Watermelon Salad. It was way to hot to eat outside!
- The watermelon was $3.99 and we made three serves, or $1.33 per serve
- The French feta is $9.99 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/3 or $1.67 per serve
- The red onion is 52c or 17c per serve (there is left over onion)
- Mint came from our garden
- Limes were $1.95 or 98c per serve
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Tonight’s meal was as delicious as it always is for $4.35 per serve.