For lunch we used the second chicken breast, some of the moon touched tomatoes we had on hand and Swiss. It made a decent sandwich, but chicken breast really doesn’t contribute much flavor.
- The chicken was only $5.99 and we shared one breast, or 75c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The tomato adds 25c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
A decent lunch for $2.10 per serve.
With a guest over for dinner we grilled portobello mushrooms and bacon and toasted the buns. The burger was assembled with caramelized onion, Blue Castello cheese, bacon and watercress.
- Hamburger buns are $2.28 for eight, or 29c per serve
- The mushrooms were $3.49 for two or $1.75 per serve
- The Blue Castello was $4.80 but we used about half, or 60c per serve
- The rib bacon was $3.84 and we used about ¾ or 96c per serve
- Add 45c for onion and watercress.
The mushroom provides great ‘meatiness’ to the burger and the other flavors combine into a rich sauce. An excellent meal for $4.05 per serve.