In order to use the last two hamburger buns we toasted them on the panini press, after using the press to fry off the remaining bacon. Basically, we’re doing a simplified do-over of last night’s burger, with the bacon, tomato and guacamole filling out the meal.
- Hamburger buns are $2.28 for eight, or 29c per serve
- The mushrooms were $3.49 for two or 88c per serve when you share one
- The rib bacon was $3.84 and we used about ¼ or 48c per serve
- The Blue Castello was $4.80 but we used about 30c worth per serve
- Add 25c for onion and watercress
- The sun dried tomatoes were $5.99 and we shared about 1/6 or 25c per serve
- Add 45c for guacamole.
The hamburger buns aren’t our favorite sandwich bread but these wrapped good sandwiches regardless, for $2.90 per serve.
A simple meal of the legs from our supermarket roast chicken, paired with a Vietnamese inspired salad.
- The chicken was only $5.99 and we had a leg, or $1.50 per serve
- Nappa cabbage was 81c or 41c per serve
- Carrot adds 40c per serve
- Salad seasonings add 20c
- Mint came from Jon’s and adds 15c per serve.
A cool, satisfying meal for $2.66 per serve.