As we enjoyed the sweet and spicy trout, we thought we’d give a pink salmon pouch a try, along with some capers for crunch and salt. It worked okay.
- The salmon was 1.49 or 75c per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 33c per serve
- The moon touched tomato adds 15c per serve
- Add 45c for butter and garlic dip.
Today’s sandwiches were enjoyable, if messy, for $2.00 per serve.
With a hot night looming we didn’t want to have the oven on, so we used the immersion circulator to sous vide shrimp and to reheat a pack of Tikka Vegetables from Trader Joe’s. Served with brown rice from the pressure cooker.
- The Tikka vegetables were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The shrimp was $7.99 for the pack, and we used half, or $2.00 per serve
- Add 33c for brown rice
- Add 40c for butter and garlic.
It’s rare we make bad flavor combination choices, but this was one. The shrimp had perfect texture and were cooked exactly as we wanted. The Tikka Vegetables were also pretty good with the rice. The Tikka Vegetables and the Shrimp simply did not work well together. We think we’ll use the Tikka Vegetables with another Indian vegetarian dish on rice next time.
Still, as long as you ate in serial it was all good for $3.73 per serve.