For lunch we took the remaining steak from Thursday night, and some of the remains roast vegetables and stuffed them in a rustic roll.
- The steak and vegetables are covered in Thursday’s costing
- The roll is 63c each.
A great meal for 63c net per serve!
Our go-to chili is the bacon and black bean, but Foodie Greg wanted variety so we tried this Spicy Creole Chili. It turns out to be a slightly spicier version of Southwest Beans and Rice!
We left out the ground chicken but doubled up on black beans, so we’ll probably only get six serves.
- The andouille sausage was $7.98 or $1.33 per serve
- Simple truth canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 22c per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can or 33c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for the bell pepper
- Add 30c per serve for onion, chili powder, and other seasonings
- The avocado was 50c or 25c per serve
- Add 10c for labné.
It definitely had more depth of flavor than the Southwest Beans and Rice version, but was definitely similar, probably due to similar ingredients. Overall a decent meal for $2.93 per serve.